Wednesday, March 16, 2016

#perfectben, episode 11: You're My Person

Bachelor Nation:

Since we all knew who won, we can't say that we were excited to watch this episode to see who he chose to spend the rest of his 6 month bonus time with. Instead, I think we were all waiting in anticipation to see the After the Final Rose episode to see who was going to be the next Bachelorette and watch Jojo confront Ben.


The episode was pretty melancholy, especially with all of that music they played throughout the whole episode. We see clips of an emotionally-conflicted man that is torn between his love for two women. What did you all think about how conflicted he was? Do you think Jojo was a better fit for him?

I haven't seen any deleted scenes, but apparently, Ben's mom made some mention of wishing that Ben had chosen Jojo rather than Lauren. What a way to start your role as mother-in-law, right? Personally, I think he should have chosen Jojo, and I don't think this relationship is going to last. I really like Ben, but I think his picker is a little off.

I'm really excited to see Jojo as the new Bachelorette! I also hope that her brothers are a big part of the show. Did you all see Ben's face drop as they announced Jojo? That means that his backup is off the market, and I don't think he was ready for that.

I also didn't think Lauren looked all that happy on the After The Final Rose episode. Do you think she has regrets? Has she just been bombarded with social media images of Ben and Jojo together and Ben's mom's comments about Jojo? She wasn't as put together as she normally is. Aren't you dying to know what he whispered to her when Chris Harrison was trying to get them to get married on the show?

Season Total Points:

I am putting all of the points for the whole season here so that 1) you can see if they match your records, and 2) (MORE IMPORTANTLY!) you can see how your girls did and how your strategy worked. I'll color code the girls as they appeared on the list (red=domestic group, yellow/orange=international group, green=hometown group) so you can see whether your picks were better spent choosing girls that stayed longer or racked up more points while they were there.

Here are the girls' total season points:

Jackie 20
Mandi 25
Sam 25
Shushanna 45
LB 55
Jami 55
Rachel 75
Jen 85
Amber 115
Leah 145
Lace 165
Haley 175
Lauren H. 190
Jubilee 215
Becca 230
Olivia 330
Emily 330
Amanda 440
Jojo 530
Caila 540

Were there any girls on your team that you switched last minute that you now regret looking at these points? How would you have drafted your team differently? What signs will you look for next season?

League Standings:


Alright, y'all, it happened...I won my own Fantasy League! I should be super happy about it, but it makes my stomach hurt thinking about it (see what I did there?!?!) because I don't want any of you thinking that I skewed the points in my favor. I watch the episodes meticulously, and I have to make some judgement calls when it comes to what is considered point-worthy and what is not consideredpoint-worthy. I usually ere on the side of awarding points because sometimes, things are in the "spirit" of the points. For example, I awarded costume points for the girls that played soccer because, technically, a costume is something that you wear for entertainment purposes. Since sports are for entertainment purposes (especially for this show), I awarded the girls on the group date points for that. Lace is the only girl that was awarded drunk points because several girls made comments about how drunk she was. That's not to say that there weren't other drunk girls; Lace was just lucky enough to have everyone talk about it.

As it stands now, I'm in first place with 1,895 points, Hillary T. is in second place with 1, 805 points, and there's a three way tie between Kim M., Mandy M., and Jaime M. for third place.

So, I'm leaving this open until next Wednesday. If you have any questions or concerns about the points from any episode, you have until next Wednesday to speak up. After that, the points will be finalized and the award money will be distributed.

Unrelated side note: This is what my house looks like this morning as I'm trying to finish up these recaps, order prizes that STILL haven't been sent, and figure out just how much money is left in the winning prize account. So again, your patience means everything to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment