Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I've Got the Tools Like Martha

One of the best things about getting married has been registering for all of the stuff I've always wanted to have. There's an amazing feeling that comes with making a home, and I love having all of this awesome stuff. One of my favorite has been monogrammed EVERYTHING! Cory's parents got us some monogrammed towels and our monogrammed duvet cover, my parents got us all kinds of awesome electronics (I can't wait to make homemade bread), and I have Martha's dream kitchen. I could write paragraphs about each and every gift we received (I know you all know that), so I'll spare everyone and get to my latest favorite. We registered for all new baking sheets, and while Cory stepped away for 3 minutes at Macy's, I snuck in this fine gem right here:
EVERYONE needs this silpat! I've made the Neiman Marcus chocolate chip cookie recipe for YEARS since my dad bought me the cookbook while I was living up north, and never ever, not even once, have they EVER turned out this chewy and delicious. It's no wonder that bitch has her own everything...she has all the best tools!

If you received some kind of variation of the following on your thank you note from "us" (I use the term "us" loosely), I really, truly meant it:

we're making a house a home
I finally have all of the tools to make stuff just like mom
this was one of my favorite things to register for
I've always dreamed of having this
I feel like such an adult

As cliche as they all sound, I will be on a registry high for at least a year. Yes, I think of Jena and Selena every time I see our wine buckets, Anna when I walk by our coffee condiment set, the Peters family when we use our Keurig machine, and so many of you throughout the day (again, I'll spare you the list). What a year to make writing thank you notes my New Years resolution!

Our home is filled with adult things from the people we love. Take THAT, Martha!

1 comment: