Monday, March 26, 2012

Every Little Step I Take

One of my tope 10 all-time favorite songs is "Every Little Step I Take" by Bobby Brown. So, it's only appropriate that this was our grand entrance song for our wedding.

Lately, we've been taking some pretty big steps, actually. We were married this past Friday, and we're expecting our first child in August (she'll probably be early like her dad). I feel like I have a million and one things to blog about, which is terrific because I also feel like I have a little more time to sit and think. Ok fine, I really just make time to write now because I like the way my ring bling sparkles when I type.

Although I want to wait until we get our professional pictures back to write all about the wedding (and the slave labor I put myself and others through to make it all come together), I wanted to post a few of my post-wedding thoughts and some of the pictures that guests have shared on Facebook.

I started off the day with chocolate chip pancakes in bed with my mom and Godmother. Selena stayed with me that night, but left early to go back home to get ready. More on the day later...

The morning after the wedding, we checked out of our room and headed to Aunt Laurie's house for the Peters' family brunch. We both agreed that, since we had so many people in town that we didn't get to spend much time with, we would make an appearance to say hello and visit a bit. It was really nice to sit and chat with everyone! I had 3 servings of coffee cake, which made baby girl jump around. Aunt Pam told me months ago that I'd have to let her know when I felt her kick, so I ran over, put her hand on my belly, and got to share some pretty strong kicks with her. Once she knew that all eyes were on her, she stopped, of course.

After we left Don and Laurie's house, we headed back down to my parents' house to have (yes, another) brunch with my family. My aunt and uncle from Arizona were in town, as well as my "Uncle" Joe, my Godmother from Washington, and my uncle from Northern California. I scarfed down 2 of my dad's (should be) world-famous eggs benedict, and enjoyed visiting with everyone. My mom asked us what our favorite part of the wedding was, and be both agreed that is was the ceremony. Isn't that the way it's supposed to be?!

Cory's cousin put so much work into it, and did a lot of research to make it personal for us. We wanted it sweet, funny, and personal, and that's JUST what Tyler gave us. The funniest thing about the ceremony, for me, was after Cory finished repeating his vows. He struggled a bit with one of the longer verses, and after he finished all of them, he whispered, "Good luck," to me. I thought that was so sweet! I can't wait to see the video of our ceremony because I'm curious as to whether or not any of our side conversations during the ceremony were picked up. Cory and Tyler thought the funniest part was when the wine bottle was too big for the box we had. Cory got a champagne bottle that was just big enough for a wine bottle that we have at home, but it wasn't big enough for the one during our ceremony. I didn't even THINK to check it before hand. When we realized that it wouldn't fit, Cory tried to turn the box to the side to hide it from everyone, but Tyler saw, and just as we thought we pulled it off, Tyler added some comment that announced it to everyone. Fiddlesticks!



Another cool Peters family tradition is taking a picture from the Rev's point of view. It makes a pretty cool picture, dontcha think?!


We had lots of laughs!


We absolutely LOVED our venue, and we were pleasantly surprised at how good the food really was. We all know what a slow eater I am, and trying to scarf down all of that food so that we could visit with everyone was a challenge. The coordinators at the venue were AMAZING, and helped us keep up with the timeline for the ceremony and reception. Their execution of everything was absolutely flawless! The best part is that we can go back and have dinner or brunch any time that we want to.


Now I have all of these cousins! And tucked in there is something I've never had before...a sister!




There were many projects that I concocted for this day, and I really appreciate everyone's help. Many hands make light work! I also appreciate Cory trying (I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt) to overlook the chaos of a mess that was in our house prior to the wedding. Most of it is cleaned up now.


Yesterday, we spent the day by the fire watching sports, opening presents, eating wedding cake, making cheeseburgers, and reading through the cards that we had at each place setting. We are so grateful for all of the gifts that we received; our house is starting to feel like a home, and we can't wait to use the generous amounts of money that we received to purchase a dining room table, a china hutch, and a bedroom set. I'm most excited to finish buying what we need for our bedding. Most of the thank your cards went out today, and the rest will go out tomorrow (when I go buy more cards).




Overall, the best most bestest of all things was having so many wonderful family members and friends in attendance. Everyone says that their wedding was one of the best days of their lives, and I think it's because of the feeling you get when you realize that so many people want to share in the best moment of your life with you. I had (or tried) to hold in the "ugly cry" for most of the evening because I was overwhelmed with emotions. Still, though, I came in under my dad's prediction. I think I cried only 6 times; he predicted 8.

That morning, my mom also asked us if we felt any different. I knew that I felt different because I now felt like I had a true partner in life. I had someone that would fight for and with me, and that would always have my best interest at heart. For the first time in my life, I have a man, a true man, that wants to take care of me, and that I actually let take care of me. I have a man that no matter how mad I get at him, I always want to work it out somehow. I have a man that loves me exactly the way that I am. I have a man that has a wonderful family that I am happy to share a last name with. I have a man that I KNEW I would marry from the day that we went from "single" to "in a relationship with" on Facebook. And most importantly, I have a man that says he doesn't feel any different now that we're married because, in fact, he's thought of me and treated me as a wife since May 25th, 2011. He's going to be a wonderful father in a few months, and I can't wait to see all that this life has to offer us.

You deserve a trophy if you've gotten this far. Thanks for reading...more wedding updates to come!

xoxo Kristen Peters

(OMG that's the first time I've ever written it!!!)

2 comments:

  1. Kristen Peters!!! You're a married woman! :) You are beautiful! I can't wait to see more pictures and read more about your perfect day! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see them either! Love you too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete