Monday, February 20, 2012

I Lost My Debit Card

Sometime in August of 2010, I lost my personal debit card. I needed to deposit a check into my account, but I didn't have my card, so I had to go inside the bank. The banker that helped me make my deposit noticed that I had an out-of-date business account, so he called over the small business advisor. Cory walked over, introduced himself, and asked me lots of questions about my business. He got me all set up with an account, and ordered me some checks. I told him to send me a text message when they came in so that I could come pick them up.

Some time that next week, he sent me a text that said, "I have a package for you." I cleverly responded with, "I bet you do," and I heard nothing-NOTHING-for hours. I figured I'd made an idiot of myself, and went in later that afternoon to pick them up. He read the text as I was sitting in front of him, and I couldn't have just died. Apparently, he thought it was funny enough to ask me if I wanted to go to lunch a few days later. Either that, or we went to the Stroll-and-Savor on a non-date after work one day. Neither of us remembers.

We went to the BBC for lunch, and after a few more lunch dates, he asked me to go to a wedding with him. People do lunches ALL the time, so I didn't think much of it. But a wedding? Only a person that isn't dating anyone invites you to a wedding. And only a person that wants you to meet their friends invites you to a wedding. And somewhere around 2am is when we had our first kiss.

So, had it never been for me loosing my debit card, we may never have met. It just goes to show you that everything happens for a reason!

2 comments: