Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bride's First (Pseudo) Christmas!

My mom told me this past weekend that when she and my dad were looking at houses after I was born, she wanted a home that she could use to entertain. The house that I grew up in was one that she, one day, hoped would be filled with people for special occasions. And after my bridal shower this past Sunday, she said that's exactly what she had in mind when they put a bid on the house.

I walked into the kitchen, and saw the beautiful spread of food on the table. The decorations on and around it were so romantic! There were beautiful ribbons hanging from the ceiling, and my neighbors/aunts/other mothers worked on making "pom pom puff balls" (I'm sure there's actually a name for them that's less cheesy) that were hung all over. The same decorations were also in the dining room.





And then, of course, they had to go all out on the tables as well!









I lost track of how many times I said, "This is sooooo Pinterest." There was so much love put into the decorations, and I've never seen my house look more beautiful. My mom always tries to make her tables extra special, so all of the decorations touched a special place in my heart. We had lots of wonderful salads and soups, also.

So many wonderful women that I grew up with were there, and it was so fun to chat with them all. It was a kitchen shower, so most of my gifts were things that you could use in the kitchen. Many of the items we registered for were things that I was all too excited about registering for. I'd never invested in a silicone mat, I couldn't wait to use my Martha Stewart mixing bowl, I was thrilled to have matching wine glasses as opposed to mismatching hand-me-downs, and I've been waiting for the day that I had real baking sheets. I received a few adorable aprons as well that I can't WAIT to use. Some people have such a knack for putting together gift sets, and I can't name one single thing that I was given that I won't use. It's hard to make things just like mom made them when you don't have all of the right  gadgets. We were also excited to get the cake cutter that we will use at the wedding!

I just can't thank everyone enough for the beautiful decorations, delicious food, fabulous gifts, and lots of love. I can't wait until my next shower this Saturday!!!!

xoxo
Kristen

2 comments:

  1. Your shower was absolutely beautiful!! You deserve every perfect moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kara! I'm going to post the one picture of the shower I had this past weekend, also. I was so busy eating and unwrapping that I didn't have time to take any :(

    ReplyDelete